1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Great little Upgraded P bass for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Syco_bass, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    Here is a little P bass that I put together and upgraded.

The parts consist of the following:

Upgraded Squire P bass body from this thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f18/upgrading-squier-p-bass-769190/

I then did some extensive work on a really nice SX (old style headstock) Jazz neck.
    Work includes;
    Seating, levelling, crowning, polishing and dressing all frets and rounding the fret board edges.

Hardware includes Fender USA Style Nickel tuners, Standard Fender Style bridge, upgraded aluminum controle knobs, standard Fender style strap buttons.

I mated the neck to the body for a snug fit. This neck fits the body better than the original neck. Nice tight fit that resonates through the body very well.

I finished off the bass using Curt Mangan's Fussion Matched Hybrid SS flat wounds.

This combination of Squire P bass body, SX Jazz bass neck, Tesla Pickups, vintage CTS pots, Chiclets style .047uF tone cap and flat wound strings, set up very well and produced very good results. It is both a plaesure to play and sounds true to the classic 60's P bass tone.

I hope I can send it to a good home

I have attached an audio clip from Tesla's website so you can get an idea of what these pickups sound like. The first one is from Tesla's website. It is close, but this bass is a bit more mellow with the flats on it. Second sound clip is of the actual bass. This sound clip has no effects, EQ, compression or anything added. Just direct into Sound forge via M-Audio Mobile Pre USB audio interface. Hope you enjoy the tune.

here is a pic: I'm asking $225 shipped.
    GEDC0823.

You can see all of the pics of the finished bass here:
    Hotrod P bass pictures by syco_bass - Photobucket

Bass will ship in a good sturdy box wrapped in bubble wrap and foam peanuts. Flat wounds not your thing? I can string it with Circle K strings for an additional $35. Want a gig bag? I have well padded used gig bags. I will throw one in for $25

If a P bass is not your thing and you would rather have a "J" bass, take a look at the bass I have for sale in my sig.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Attached Files:

2. Price? Trades?

3. How much? You didn't post a price and I'm interested!

4. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    looks like there's a price to me.

5. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

Kool bass Rob!! Those Tesla pickups are GREAT!! This thing should sound sooooper!!

6. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Sorry ya'll, guess I wasn't good about making the asking price very clear in the orignial post. I think it is clearer now. PM me if you have any questions.

peace.

7. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    +1 ; )

8. Sweet bass and juding by the small chip thats a body I sold you , its a pretty sweet color!

Bump for a great guy to deal with and a nice P.

9. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Why yes it is Lucas. It turned out pretty sweet.

10. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Scale length?

11. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Standard 34" scale.

12. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    i like those knobs

13. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Sweet bass.......man if I still played 4 strings, I know you made this sing!

14. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    thanks for all the great comments. BTW, just lowerred the price to $300. I'll even throw in a used, but good condition gig bag with it.

I'd also be open to trades for;
    P or J bass bodies, P or J maple/maple necks, tort and gold annodized pickguards, BA II bridges.

Hit me up with what you have and let's make a deal.

Thanks for looking.

15. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Still here? Wow, no trade offers? Cash offers? I'd like this bass gone by the weekend. I need to fund a new Warmoth neck I just orderred.

I'm open for business.

Hit me up.

16. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    I'm open to offers. I would like this bass gone this weekend.

Thanks.

17. levis76

levis76 Seconds from getting ba...

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    I can't believe I am still looking at this. This should have sold within hours.

I can't float the cash or in all good conscience offer my beat up Peavey Patriot (not a P or J) in trade, but if my cabs and the Patriot sell I might have to snatch this up if hasn't been already. I could throw in an active EMG P p'up with unused pots and harness, but I'm sure you're not interested.

Are you?

FYI, I hear that a Darkstar p'up drops right into a Patriot. That info would only be useful to someone who would be interested in modifying basses from factory original. ;)

18. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    A little Saturday morning apocalyptic bumpage.

Legal Claus: In the even of Apocalypse, this bass will no longer be offered for sale, however, if the end of the world does not occur, it is still available.:hyper:

Peace.

19. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    PM'ed

20. When i owned this body a very hot girl bass player played the bass, of course all i owned was the body of this current bass but she played it a full show , seriously hottest bass player chick i have ever met.

She played it very high , so maybe knowing her boob touched it will help with the sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.