Great Luthiers/Techs in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by VerryBerry, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Anyone know of any really good techs for fret leveling in Edmonton?

I do my own set ups but have not taken on fret work as yet. I tried two guys in the last year. One was a near-disaster; one was much better, but still did not do a complete job.

Anyone in the Edmonton area with positive experiences?

Thanks,
    Robert

2. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Lilo's, on Whyte Ave. It's the only place in the entire province I'd trust my vintage and otherwise "special-to-me" gear. I brought them my 1953 Gibson GA-40T amp when I was rolling thru town. They did a fantastic job and were all such a pleasure to chat with.

VerryBerry likes this.
  3. I get the feeling that Edmonton is a little scarce on luthier talent. Not sure if that's accurate, but so far it has been my experience.

I'll give Lillo's a call. Sure hope they surprise me - in a good way.

Thanks!

4. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Here's a link to their site. They don't do internet 2017, apparently. They do have a newsletter that's worth subscribing to, though.

Home - Lillo's Music

VerryBerry likes this.
  5. Thanks for the link. I see it says "in-house" repairs. Could be good. I'll call them tomorrow as they are closed Mondays, so it says.

superheavyfunk likes this.
  6. jjmf

jjmf Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Anyone have any updates for great EDMONTON luthiers?
    Seems L&M south location may have good one now... I saw 2 of his own brand Basses - finishing & quality seemed great

but I’d like to find one without the L&M markup ...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021