1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great New Album From Some Friends - Pay What You Want Download

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Mar 24, 2010.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    The Jamie McLean Band are some friends of ours out of NYC. Blacksburg is on their touring circuit, so we get to see them several times a year.

Jamie came up playing guitar in the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and he can really blaze when he lets loose. Now he's doing the singer-songwriter thing with a great rhythm section. They're all super nice guys, and they're writing some nice americana rock songs.

Give 'em a listen and support 'em if you feel so inclined!

http://jamiemcleanband.bandcamp.com/

2. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    cool, i'll check them out, thanks for the link:)

3. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    What'd ya think? I really like the "American Heartache" album, it's a little heavier than the new one. Very Black Crowe's like. If you ever see them live, you'll swear it's the Crowe's drummer up there. Stripped down kit & nothing but fat, powerful beats.

The bass player (Ben) plays a vintage '60s P-bass that sounds pretty awesome.

Ah, well, I just like to try and promote guys who are doing it the old fashioned way. Writing good songs, making albums, and driving all over the country together in a van. No overnight success story here...

4. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Great stuff Greg, :bassist:

Only thing I'll add is to say that the "Old Fashioned way" is the "only" way in my book;) With honest effort. Not riding on Mom & Pop's $, or having a nepotistic connection.

EDIT; I dig the fact that these guys music has a MELODY. Kinda odd to say but that's getting scarce.:D

God Bless, Ray

5. Hey Greg. I like it, I like it... Good songs, good playing, and great vocals. I'm sure they'll find success...

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    very black crowes-esque indeed, thanks for sharing! i dig the gritty feeling stuff a lot, good songwriting...honestly not really digging the vocals, but they could come around on me (not being negative here, they aren't bad, just not my thing)

sound like a great bar band, and i could see them pulling crowds down in austin (at least based on the last time i was down there)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020