Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

great "new" band story...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Feb 19, 2005.

1. This is amazing. first the background....

I helped start a Ska/Reggae group (horn section too whoo hee) about 4 years ago, and a few of the members had some bad reputations around town for being jerks and drunk clowns. i used my somewhat respected (locally) name at some clubs to get them back in becasue i believed in the music. It worked..... well, the main dude turned out to be a putz so i quit. AFTER i recorded the cd. i got no credit in the disc except ".....,gus,....." and that was it. Even worse, the guy that replaced me was a really good friend, and since i'd known these guys most of my life, it was hard to be bitter. So i went my way, the went theirs..

They did the Big Reggae on the River festival in Norcal, eek a mouse, marley brothers, MAD SHOWS BIG TIME..... my other band didn't.

Their bassist quit last month. I got my job back. I'm about to tour and do japan later this year. HOLY Bassbin Batman!!. i'm so blessed to hjave this opportunity to play music I WROTE and to enjoy it without being an *******.

thanks for readin my excitement.!!!! the band is www.thickerthanthieves.com listen to "smuggler's run" (my bassline beeyatch!!!). i'm just on a good one right now.
    Thanks TB, I'm stoked to have a cool place to be happy about this!!

2. You suck, and you'll never amount to anything!!!!

Only kidding, sorry! Grats dude.

:bag:

Edit: Great site, are you featured on the homepage, and if so, which one are you?

3. nah, i recorded all the material years ago.. i play with these cats right now... www.devices.tv but.... :cool: