Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Great new Burrito Place makes me happy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Aug 8, 2005.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Today, for almost no reason, my girlfriend and I went for a drive, got hungry and drove downtown in Summit, NJ... a town by us that we don't spend too much time in, and we noticed this place called Tito's Burrito's, decided to try it and went in. Reminded me of the Tiki Post in 10 Things I Hate About You with some tables. Really a down to earth place, and I got the greatest Taco I'd ever eaten for $2.95, came with a basket of homemade tri-colored nacho's and homemade salsa (which I loved) and an enormous bowl of fries for $2.00, had them throw on their cheese for $0.75 and for a total of $6.00, plus my girlfriend's Taco, we ate until we were stuffed, with GREAT, natural, fresh food for $9.00 with food to spare. No joke.

Anyone else noticing an outcropping of natural fresh burrito places, there's another one in my town, around the corner from my house, their food is okay, but they're not too organized yet, took me 25 minutes to get a taco they forgot I ordered and paid for. They forgot to give my girlfriend her burrito after an hour once and she even asked twice.

But this place, Tito's was amazing. Great food, great atmosphere, and a cute waitress. Good food cheap, shame they don't deliver.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't trust a burrito place that serves fries. That ain't right.

brad cook

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nachos were available, but I was really having a craving for cheese fries. They fries were coated in a spicy concoction, and there were three cheeses and sea salt on top of that... very good.

But other than that, I woulda had the nacho's, but was a little short on dough.

4. there was a place in the town i just moved from that had a spectacular burrito, with skirt steak and mucho other awesome stuff...it was enormous, and the only thing I've ever enjoyed with sour cream................................unbelievably good burrito, very good price, and we usually got very good service and illegal hot sauce.

5. as a LA'er(yea i dont like being called an angelino) i only goto the beaniest of the beanest(sorry, dont know how else to describe this) dives to get mehicano food. i hate those white-washed so called mexican places. i swear i went to one and this middle aged white lady said "i would like a vegetarian burrito bowl please" i swear i almost pissed my pants in laughter.

6. how come? french fries are supposidly belgium in origin and some say it's spanish. dunno. doesnt seem weird to me. it seems weird if they dont have it.

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Its only a "burrito" place if its ghetto place with out insane cleaning policy... i swear some of this places are so insane about cleaning stuff i think they use soap on their food too...

Really... more ghetto the place better it is...

Oh and no such thing as Burrito place if you are outside some areas of Texas, AZ, NM or North cal... (yes south cal don’t count either... their stuff is crap as well...)

And i totally agree... Thats some bull****

8. so cal has the best mexican food outside of mexico! where else are there more mexicans per capita outside mexico?

9. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    A-Freaking-men!

You know the foods good when you spend 20 dollars at a small taco shop with the tacos costing $1.50..

Or maybe it just means I'm a fatty.. :D :ninja:

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    It would be awesome if it was true... some reason so-cal mexican food lacks flavour:/

Nor cal > socal

:D

11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

Try San Antonio, Tx - If you drive west of here, you end up in Mexico.

12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Where I am in socal
    Panchos Taco - Torrance, CA
    Leo's (5lb burritos) Lawndale, CA
    Josey's Lenox, CA

All great mexican food places. Though when I get home I cause a catastrophe in the bathroom.

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    That would be what i said buddy:) don’t worry... Texas is included in the list of places with great burritos:) its just socal isn’t and rest of America isn’t:)

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Dono dude... for some reason every Mexican I tried in Socal lacked taste... it was very plain... maybe when i am over there in month or so i might find something good... so far you guys are waaay behind... :)

Hey but i do give you credit... at least your burritos don’t taste like microwave burrito...

15. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    As far as I know, Taco Bell in Canada still serves fries.. When I lived there you could get the Fries Supreme (with all the stuff, like a nachos supreme). There are only like 2 in Ontario though. Anyone in Windsor ONT that can verify this one? They're good stuff.

16. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Oh yeah.. and on the theme of great burrito/taco places...
    There's a chain down here in North Carolina called Moe's. Unfreakin'believable burritos, and they all come with a bed of chips and access to a salsa bar.

17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Taco Bell anywhere doesn't begin to qualify as Mexican foold....Taco Bell in Canada is just criminal...

18. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Well true.. but my contention was simply that their fries were pretty darn good. Best thing on the menu really.

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

and it has to be in new jersey, doesn't it? :mad:

:bag:

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds good, huh?