great news about the heir!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tuBass, Feb 18, 2003.

1. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Michael Tobias wrote me tonight in response to my concern that the heir's neck single coil pickup was too noisy. here is what he wrote.

"I have some new neck pickups that just came in to try out....they are supposedly hb's as soon as I get a bass to put them in we can give them a whirl and if they work they will be standard."

Best regards,

Michael Tobias, Luthier

just goes to show you why MTD basses have the best customer service in the entire world. I AM going to buy a heir, and probably a 535 as soon as I can afford it.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Sweet! I like guys that stand that close with customers. it's a very cool thing. gotta love good support!!!
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I bought my 535 used. It arrived with totally dead batteries, and after replacement the new set went dead in less than a week. After a few emails with Mike, all answered within a day except when he was in Germany (and he warned me of this ahead of time), we isolated the problem which turned out to be a very easy fix. I couldn't be happier with the bass or with Mike's customer service.
  4. Sherman da bass

Sherman da bass

Nov 7, 2002
    Speaking of great customer service!
    I am a proud Warrior signature owner,and just met the owner of the company J.D Lewis,and not only did he give the bass a quick set-up he bought me a set of strings and put them on....very cool guy.