Great News!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ezmar, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Ezmar

Ezmar

Jul 8, 2010
    So I might be in a Rush tribute band starting sometime relatively soon! For people who know me, this is a big deal. I have every single Rush album, and have spent countless hours in the basement playing them over and over again. They were looking for a bass player, guitarist, singer, and keyboardist, and wanted to keep it a 3-piece if at all possible, and I jumped at the opportunity, because I do bass, keys, and vocals, basically the whole Geddy schtick. So We're waiting to hear back from a guitar player, the one that contacted the drummer is currently in a band, so we're waiting to see if it will work out after the end of the year.

This is literally the thing I've been practicing for for the past couple of years. I love Rush, I love playing Rush, and hopefully this can help me get some exposure so I can start an original band at some point. I'm 17, and I'm very sure I want to be a rock musician, and this might be just what I need.

Wish me luck! :hyper:

2. Congrats man! When the shows get going, make sure to snag a live vid so we can see you put those geddy skills to the test!

3. Congrats man :)

Good luck with it all. Got my fingers crossed for you

4. Awesome! Synth too?

5. Ezmar

Ezmar

Jul 8, 2010
    Yeah, partially. Unfortunately, I don't have a huge expensive setup like Geddy does, I just have a single Keyboard, and it's not even a real synthesizer. It's a "creative keyboard", a Roland EM-50, if anyone wants to know, and it just has sounds that I can layer in different ways. It has a pretty impressive bank, though, so I can get a lot of stuff pretty close. I'm limited to what I can play myself, and maybe a single part I can program in for a single song. I could have stuff for different songs, but I'd have to save them onto floppy discs or something, and I'm not entirely sure how that's done, or how that works. I do have the manual, though, so...

That's easily the toughest part. Some of the synths from Power Windows and Hold Your Fire can't possibly be as thick and deep as the real ones, but I can get pretty close. It's a pretty snappy keyboard. the only thing I'd kill for is the monophonic portamento thing, like on Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, The Trees, Countdown, the solos. I do pretty well without, though. and also pretty well considering I'm not ACTUALLY Geddy Lee. :p

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021