1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great oppurtunity for a career playing bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by sadowskyschmaus, Mar 25, 2009.

1. sadowskyschmaus

sadowskyschmaus

May 29, 2006
    Tokyo, JP
    I know this thread doesn't fit in with Jazz technique, but I want to get the word out about a great oppurtunity to play full time and since jazz is a big part of our gig, I figured I would get some replies from some strong jazz players here.

We (USAF Heartland of America Band, located just south of Omaha, NE) have a full time bass position open. Approx $33,000 salary to start w/ full med/den benefits and many more. Must be able to play multiple styles and read well. Let me know if you are interested and I will fill you in with more details!

We held a bass audition back in January and hired 2 fine bassists, however they are going to other AF bands, so we still have an opening for a full-time bassist in our band, the USAF Heartland of America Band. Please PM ASAP as we are looking to hire a bassist soon. Again strong reading skills are required, and the ability to play both upright and electric is necessary as well.

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Although some will report this as spam, I'm inclined to leave it up since it is an employment opportunity, and in these times, it would be a shame to hide it. Naysayers who disagree, feel free to PM rather than reporting. :) I will move it to Misc., though, since it's not a technique issue.

3. sadowskyschmaus

sadowskyschmaus

May 29, 2006
    Tokyo, JP
    Thank you