Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Great rig for small venues.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davemon, Jan 23, 2005.

1. davemon

davemon

Jan 12, 2005
    Just bought a killer rig for small venues. Got a 9 month old Avatar SB112 off of Ebay and a Hartke 2000 from a fellow talkbass member. Whole rig only set me back $275 and my buddy's gonna buy my behringer bx600 for $100. The cab is 8 ohm so down the road I could add a 210 cab to get 4 ohms for more watts and addtional speakerage!

I like the tube and solid state preamps and even find the compressor useful at low settings. The rig is for my son who plays an Alvarez 6 string and the low B sounds awesome through this cab. He's got the horn on the cab turned up to about 12:00 which makes it nice and bright without any hiss.

Thumpity thump thump!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Good stuff!!!

I've been an Avatar user for going on three years now and only recently discovered Hartke heads after a 15+ year break from bass playing followed by three or four years of rack snobbery. I'm presently loving my HA-5000. :hyper: