1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great Roscoe Tone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

Killer B string and geat Gospel tone.:bassist:

2. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Killer any tone!!! I will have a custom one in the future! But I think a basslines soapbar would go better in the bridge, make it chunkier. Barts have (a nice) natural/organic woody tone, but IMO think and chunky is how a bridge pup should be.

Oh and LGs are the best!

3. mas502arc

mas502arc

May 14, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Great Gospel tone indeed! I wish there was some better lighting so we could see that beauty better :)

I have been trying to study that same video for some time now. I love the bass lines that Israel's bassists come up with!

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Nice stuff.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I had 2 Roscoes (a 5 and 6) and loved them.

Just couldn't get the slap sound I wanted out of the Barts and found Jazz basses a better fit for me.

Obviously, the player is the issue in any case as this guy sounds great!

6. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Slap tone does seem to be an issue with Roscoes for some, especially if you are used to the aggressive slap sound of a Jazz bass. I love my Roscoe and the slap tone it gives, but I couldn't be without my J's!