1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great Service from Best Bass Gear

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by troutbum22, Jun 6, 2012.

1. troutbum22

troutbum22

Dec 8, 2011
    Clemson, sc
    I just wanted to take a few lines and praise Best Bass Gear. I spoke with a sales person on Monday about how I was interested in a new pickup for my '04 MIM P-bass. He was very knowlegable about their product line, and described several brands in detail. I was looking for a "vintage" type pickup, as I expected he tried to get me to purchase the Fralin, but also recomended some less expensive options. After speaking with Andy (I believe this was his name), I placed my order for a Seymour Duncan SPB-1 pickup set. I received my order the next day in the mail and it was packed extremely well. Just an all around great experience and I will buy from Best Bass Gear again.:hyper:

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Nice to hear. Great pickups by the way. I love the fact they come with vintage cloth wiring!

3. troutbum22

troutbum22

Dec 8, 2011
    Clemson, sc
    The good thing is for me, they are just 2 hours up the road, so I consider them local.

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I've always had good experiences with them.

My last order took forever to fill thanks to Hipshot (3 months!), and when it finally got to me I realized that I ordered the wrong part to begin with. They sent me out the correct parts right away with a slip to send the wrong parts back, even though I probably should have been the one paying the postage since it was my screw up.

Good peeps over there, and they take care of their bass playing friends.

5. swsmusic

swsmusic

Sep 23, 2010
    Newnan, GA
    +1

Max and crew are great. I ordered a Nordstrand NP4 for a frankenstein bass about 7-8 months ago. The P pickup was on back-order and they kept me informed about the shipping time. They offered great customer service - explaining the three different pickup models they offered for a the vintage p vibe and what makes them all different (the fralin, the nordy and the antiquity I). Basically the fralins would be the brightest, the nordys the middle and the antiquity's the darkest of the three - in basic terms. I asked them how they could be compared to the lollar and he stated that he had never personally used any lollar pbass pickups before, but from what he had heard they would be comparable to the nordys - but a bit darker.

About 5 years ago I had a set of fralins in my '93 p bass and just didn't like them at all. Too bright for my taste. So, I switched them out for the Lollar and have been completely satisfied.

The nordys sound great. They really brought this frankenstein pbass to life. Max was correct: they are not as dark as the lollar, they are darker then the fralins and they have a great punch/grind to them.

In fact, I just ordered a set of the hipshot ultralite tuners and a battery box last night.

Hope this helps.

6. I just made my first purchase from Best Bass Gear this afternoon. I ordered an EMG P-A pickup (P bass Alcino V). To my delight, a window popped up telling me to sign up for their newsletter to receive 5% off my purchase. So, naturally I signed up and not only got 5% off, but also received free shipping, which it appears is applicable to any continental US purchase.

I love their site and the way it is very easy to navigate. I hope to purchase a preamp from them in the future.

7. troutbum22

troutbum22

Dec 8, 2011
    Clemson, sc
    Just a quick update. Installed the SPB-1 pick up and WOW what a difference. Pairs really nice with a set of Labella Deep Talkin Flats. It's hard to beat Best Bass Gear for Service and advice.