Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Great set of gigs this weekend!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MikeBass, Sep 7, 2005.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Played a pretty big festivel on Labor Day- Arts, Beats & Eats here in Detroit.
    Actually had two gigs that day, both modern or young country. The first one (@1:00PM) was with a male singer on the big national stage opening for Julie Roberts (who is WAY freakin' hot BTW).
    We stinking killed it. The band was tight as hell, my tone was killin, great FOH mix.
    Used my Sadowsky 4 & 5 strings thru my Groove Tubes Ditto Box tube DI as the front end of my rig, right into the power section of the backline amp (Hartke head into a Eden 410XLT)bypassing the amps pre all together.
    Killer show. Even guys from Julie Roberts band and crew commented on how good we sounded/played and thought we were a national act-surprised to find out we were local.

The second gig that day (@3:00PM) was with another modern country singer, but female.
    Rig the same except a SWR 750X into a SWR Megalith 810. Again bypassed the amps pre and used my tube DI as my front end.
    Another killer set! tone was happening, band tight as hell.
    WHEW!!!
    2 in one day!!
    The same drummer and acoustic guitar player were on both gigs with me, I'm the M.D. for both bands, so I use these guys when ever I can.

Here are some pix:
    AB&E pix

I actually had 6 gigs in 5 days. Thurs thru Sat with a R&B horn band, Sunday a wedding and the two on Monday.
    It was a great weekend!!

2. Aren't festival gigs fabulous?! :hyper: