Great trip gone sour.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by relman, Jan 8, 2003.

1. So I just came back today from a free 10-day trip to Israel. The land was amazing, the sights were incredible and I also happenned to have a very spiritual, mind shattering experience at the Kotel (Wailing Wall).

Now the bad stuff...

My girlfriend was on the trip, and she decided to break up with me on the third night (while on a disco-boat, great idea huh? boat, breakup, depression, hmmm....). Like the person she is she decided to immerse herself with the country and people instead of grieving hardcore like I do. I seriously couldn't eat (and i'm a cook) and i was incredibly moody (still am). I feel like there's no purpose in living anymore. It actually burns inside.

Also, I lost all my traveller's cheques and had to borrow money from a friend (something i hate to do).

so there's my venting.
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hey, consider yourself lucky....we have all been dumped at one time or another, but most of us never get the chance to go to Israel. Sorry to say it, but **** happens dude, bummer.
  3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Relman, I am sorry to hear about what your g/f...Not a smart idea to do it while on vacation...DUH! If you need anyone to talk to...PM me. I know what kind of pain you are going through, been there, done that, and have the T-shirt...The living thing...It will get easier...I long were you two together?

On a positive note...I am glad you had a great trip, and please post some pics if you have any.
  4. sorry to hear about you and your girlfriend. she could have waited at least until you both got home. stinks she did it when she did. as far as not wanting to live and all. well, people come and go in our lives. and as i say to all, there is someone out there waiting to be found by you who is your soul mate. so don't do anything rash, grieve as that is very important, and well, start over. that is the hardest part ever, starting over. just remember, no matter how much it hurts, it does get better eventually. sorry for you pain sweetie. :(
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...See Israel. When I think of going overseas, it's one of 2 places I want to go.

At least you weren't married/w children when she decided to break it off.
  6. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    That's really awful that your girlfriend has such bad timing... :(

But if your "spiritual, mind-shattering experience" was in any way similar to one that I had a while back when I was visiting NYC (of all places... a couple of years ago) then what you got from that experience will be with you for the rest of your life and the girlfriend will be long forgotten, so, while it may seem tough now, you actually came home with something much more important than a girlfriend. :D