1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Great USA Made 5 String Bass Sell Off!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vintage Guy, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    In lieu of me being laid off since this pass April,I have decided to make the ultimate sacrifice. First I am going to apply for Social Security since I will be 62 in February of 2014. This will cause a drastic cut in my future income. Second thing is I will be selling off a bunch of my higher end bass's. I will list these in order of highest price to lowest. These are rock bottom prices on my end,and there will be no deviation of price,nor do I want any trades. Price will not include shipping. This will be on the buyer. I do ship Fed Ex Ground insured. I will consider non Conus buyers,as long as you cover all shipping costs. I will accept cash,check,money order,etc. Not willing to eat any fees. Also in no hurry to move these. If you need time to put funds together,I will work with you. Below are the listed bass's. Message me for any pics,as there are way to many here to post. I will send them to your email address. Also I can be reached at 302-893-2089 for a faster contact.

1. Valenti # 137 Jazz 5. You know the one! Radiation Green! Absolute mint condition. Aguilar OBP-1 active 18 volt electronics. Aquilar 70's wind pickups in the 60's position. Hipshot chrome hardware. 18 mm string spacing. 1.75 nut,and it's a 34" scale. Maple board with block inlays. Hottest looking bass I have ever owned. Comes with a hardshell RockCase. $1500.00 plus shipping. SOLD/PAID FOR AND SHIPPED!

2.Music Man Stingray 5. 2011 model built 4/4/2011. Beautiful Maple body,maple neck,and board. Single H pickup. 3 band eq. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Nicest grain I have ever seen on a bass! Brand new MM hardshell case included. $1050.00 plus shipping. STILL AVAILABLE AS OF 10/16!

3. Fender Standard Jazz 5. Black body/maple neck and board. White pearloid guard. A few blemishes here and there but nothing horrible. Been my main go to bass for a while. Will come with a RoadRunner poly foam case. Priced at $850.00 plus shipping. SOLD LOCALLY TO A FRIEND!

4. Music Man Sub 5. Absolute mint!!! Metallic blue body. Two band EQ. Nicest looking and playing Sub I have ever owned! MM hardshell case included. Ugly Hammered metal pickguard replaced with a nice black one. Didn't get the old one when purchased. If you ever wanted a nice Sub 5 this one is as close to new as you will get! $550.00 plus shipping. STILL AVAILABLE AS OF 10/16!

5. Peavey Foundation 5. White refinished body by me in lacquer. Maple neck,and board. Very nice bass that looks and plays great with superb action. A nice inexpensive bass if someone needs, or wants to try out a 5 string. Will come with a new gig bag. $200.00 plus shipping. SOLD LOCALLY!

6. The Bass Company AP 500 M 5 string bass. Single H pickup. Natural finished body with a maple neck,and a rosewood board. This bass surprised the hell out of me. Sounds great,and plays super. Excellent condition with just a bit of minor wear on the black wooden pickguard. StingRay sound on the cheap! $225.00 plus shipping in a decent hardshell case. SOLD,PAID FOR,AND SHIPPED!

2. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    More details on the Black and Maple Jazz 5 please... Pics of blemishes, weight, year and mods etc...

3. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Message board is a buzzin! Here is a shot of the StingRay 5! Nicest used Stingray you can buy for the price. This could go on the wall in a music store as a new one!!

Attached Files:

4. Reviresco

Reviresco "Spread hope like fire." Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2011
    New England
    I've been after this bass for a long time and the day after I buy a Sadowsky it shows up again! Argghhh! GLWTS!

5. ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Thank You Vintage Guy for quick response...

Can I ask for two more shots: one of the full back of the neck and one full front of the fretboard...

I'd like to see the full grain pattern the back and front please.

I like that white pearloid on her,...clean instrument sir!

6. ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Bump for some great basses from super TB'er here folks! Love me that Black 'n Maple J5, though my red lady won't let her into the house!

7. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Field of man, MA
    For some reason I can't send a PM right now but I am interested I grabbing the SUB 5! I will try to send a PM today when I am at my computer. Thanks!!

8. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Northshore Mass
    beautiful condition basses you have there, all the best in your post layoff life....

9. Man that SUB 5, I almost wanna skip a mortgage payment for that.

10. Don't you encourage my bad decisions! :ninja:

11. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I agree!

12. MDT623

MDT623

Aug 2, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Stingray 5 still available?

13. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    If it is, don't hesitate. I owned that bass (bought it new) and stupidly sold it in a fit of GAS. It is one of the better Rays that I've owned/played. I really wish I had the extra coin to buy it back. I pm'd Charles about it as soon as the listing went up but I just can't swing it right now.

14. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay
    What year is the stingray?
    Thanks
    Neil

15. How many times can this thread get bumped! Just edit the post with the updated info. It doesn't require 5 bumps per day!

16. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Thanks for the free bump friend!

17. PM sent. (also yet another annoying bump, sorry :p )

18. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I'll be taking that SUB off your hands if my bass sells.

19. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    These last two may be going today locally bump!

Attached Files:

20. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Both Music Man Bass's just sold locally! Thanks Craigslist!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.