Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Great warranty service from GK!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deaj, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    I just wanted to let everyone know about a great service experience I had with GK.

I recently purchased a GK 1001RB-II 210 combo. It had been a floor demo at a Guitar Center in California. My local GC had the amp transferred here to Seattle where I picked it up. About two weeks after I took delivery the amp began to exhibit an electronic fizz sound in the background that would come and go every few seconds. It was subtle but unacceptable. I was able to isolate this issue to the amp itself.

I called the local warranty service center who agreed to have a look. I dropped the amp off and was told that I would receive a call within the week. As promised the tech called back within the week and stated that, while he can clearly hear the issue under playing conditions, the problem does not show up under test conditions on the bench. We agreed that the head should be shipped to GK. The service center handled the shipping. I called and spoke to someone in service at GK and explained what I was hearing and the results of testing at the local shop.

Before two weeks was up I received another call from the local shop. They had received the amp back from GK and it was ready to go. GK had actually replaced everything inside the chassis - boards and transformer. According to the local shop tech the revision on the boards is more recent than what was originally in the chassis.

No fuss, no muss. In and out in less than 3 weeks and whatever was causing the problem is gone beyond a shadow of a doubt! The amp actually sounds better than when I first took delivery so there may have been something wrong at that time. No more, however. This thing ROCKS!

If you're reading this THANK YOU GK!!! That was an awesome customer experience! ....oh, and this is a great amp!
    :hyper:

Just thought I'd post a good word :cool:

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Yeah GK is pretty cool, I called and spoke with a tech about a problem I had with my 1001RB 2x10 combo and he told me send him the amp and he would take care of it!

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Dan Elliot will read this soon, he's great, along with the rest of the GK staff! I'm in love with GK, thier products, their service, their sound, their logo too ;)

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    gk is famous for it.

5. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    I'm just plain jazzed!! They were really great!

With the 115RBH cabinet at 4ohms this amp is unbelievably loud and clean, clean, clean! Almost pushed the house off of it's foundation :D

The growl kills! :bassist:

6. I have great experience with GK too.
    Before a few weeks I bought from U.S. a second hand 400 RB IV amp. After switching to european power supply (I live in Bulgaria) I found that the amp blows fuses one of every five or six times that I turn it up. Here in BG we don't have GK dealer, so I wrote e-mail directly to GK. Tech support guy was very helpfull - they send me a .pdf file with step by step pictures of recommended modifications and the problem was solved!

friendly tech support + good sound = great product

Yavor

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My head died on tour, and I called Dan to tell him about it. I asked him what was wrong with it, and he said, "We don't know, and we don't care. That's not important. What's important is that you get new head ASAP." It came 2 days later with a prepaid UPS label to send the other one back. Granted, I'm an endorser, but I know other artists who endorse other companies who's had product issues, and they had to send it back and "borrow" something to use until they got their amp back from the company, which sometime meant 2 or 3 weeks. GK cs rules!

8. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    I called GK to thank them for the great service. While I had them on the line I asked about getting some new plastic corners for the 115RBH cabinet. They asked for a serial number and stated that there was a durability problem with earlier corners and that they would replace them for free.

GK service ROCKS! :bassist: