Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Greater Atlanta area - IMPORTANT gig 7/17

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by john turner, Jul 14, 2004.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heya folks,

we're gigging this saturday july 17 at the shakespeare tavern down town atlanta, in the 3rd annual rogue independant music festival. it's going on all day saturday and sunday, with both local bands and bands from accross the country. here's the link to the festival...

http://www.roguemusicfest.com/

we're going on around 7:30, but there are going to be cool bands playing all day, and sunday too, so come early and stay late :). most of the bands have a progressive/neo-prog cast to them, and the venue is beautiful and has a great atmosphere. come check it out.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This is the most important news I've ever heard... and I'm not even in the greater atlanta area!

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it is. the department of homeland security rates it an Orange Alert on their scale, from what i've heard. just passing it along :hyper:

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey guys, i'm here at the festival, we're going to be simulcasting the gig all day on www.progpalace.com so check it out.

5. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Man I wish I could have come but I got back in a day too late. Any other shows scheduled?

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    How'd it go, JT?

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    pretty good, thanks for asking. we had a few technical difficulties that made us start a bit late - gotta love being rushed at the beginning, but we made it through ok, i think.