Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Greatest bass tone ever!!! Refused

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Jul 26, 2005.

1. If you guys know anything about the band Refused please help me out. On the record The Shape of Punk to Come, it's the title track, I believe it's track ten, the a riff in there that the guitars and bass double and the bass tone is freakin incredible. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about what this guy used.
    I know that a lot of the stuff on the album was done by different people in the band, but the bass for the most part has the same tone through out. Anybody got any info on gear and what not?

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Agreed, too bad Refused are no more and "The shape..." was the last album they put out. You should be able to get a similar tone with a Jazz, a bit of overdrive and aggressive pick playing near the bridge, though.

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I was listening to TSOPTC earlier today. Again, great disc. :)

4. Undeniably, a great record. Line 6 should put some serious thought in to making a model of that tone. Jazz, you say? Neck or bridge pickup? My deluxe p's got a double jazz put it's at the bridge, and my sans amp overdrive just doesn't have the detail to shape that tone. I'm not working with much as far as gear goes though. Oh well, guess I'll just have to listen in awe...... :bassist: