SOLD Greco PMB 800 '79 (Ric 4001s clone)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by OnTheDownLow, Apr 4, 2022.

1. OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

Mar 14, 2020
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Here to sell my modified (in the right ways) Greco PMB 800 with the original hardshell case. I have upgraded the pickups, bridge, tuners and wiring harness on it and it sounds awesome. The neck is straight and the frets have been freshly dressed. I currently have LaBella 760FL flats on it.
    The bass is of neck through construction just like a real ric so you get an almost identical sustain and tone of a real one. On a bathroom scale it is approx. 9.5 lbs.

The bass itself has seen some play over the years and the chips and nicks reflect that, a nice roadworn ric copy. This thing sounds almost identical to a real Rick now that it has a genuine toaster and horseshoe. The wiring system is from Starr Guitar Systems, he makes excellent and quality wiring harnesses ready to be wired into any bass and I actually had him make me this one custom to fit the pickguard.

I have the original parts that I replaced off the instrument and I will send them with the bass as well. They are heavily oxidized and the neck pickup barely worked, the bridge had really bad tail lift etc. These upgrades are way better than the original parts were on it, you will see for yourself.

These models are incredibly rare to begin with and to find one for any cheaper especially with all of the mods I have installed is quite frankly going to be impossible. I personally think this bass is better than any real ones that I have owned from the same time period. Anyone who knows about these copies can attest to their quality.

Price includes shipping anywhere in CONUS. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Attached Files:

n-j-, Wolfhound32, hazyshade and 3 others like this.
  2. rodv66

rodv66 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Woah

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very cool.

4. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Anyone know how to get in touch with this guy? Says their account is suspended.

Of course this would happen for the one bass on talkbass I’ve wanted to buy in three years.

5. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Any trade interests?