1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Greco Ric Copy / NYC CL

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by fcoda, Jun 6, 2011.

1. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
  2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    $700??

3. Cool!

4. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    700 seems high to me too

5. jkkkjkhk

jkkkjkhk

Feb 22, 2010
    Phoenix
    I'm thinking about getting it but I'd see if he'd do $550 or $600. I really want an Aria SB again but a Ric (or good copy) is on the list too.

Sorry if this has been asked before but whats the wood on these? I searched and I can't find anything. Are they maple like a Ric?

Edit: Nevermind, he said no shipping. This guy has some high hopes. Maybe if he gets real I'll buy it.

6. These are good copies. Not $700 good.

I hope he gets it.

7. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    Even 600 I think is still a bit high . maybe 600 shipped if he would ship it.

8. ronaldpdbrandt

ronaldpdbrandt Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Suffolk County, NY
    The Greco, Ibanez, and Univox Ric copies can still occasionally be had for half what this dude's asking (i got mine for around that, before shipping). However, I'm seeing more and more of the ads for these looking to get $600 to $800, sometimes even more. Not that they're always getting what they ask, but it does seem that the prices are trending upward for the better vintage copies, as they become more rare.

My vote is to see if he keeps posting it for a week or two with no takers, and then come in with a lower offer. If it goes at his price to someone else, at least you won't have a bass with "I just got robbed" stank on it.