Greco Ric Copy Truss Rod Cover

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baconmpanada, Apr 28, 2012.

1. i'm not sure if this is the correct part of the site to post this, but i'm looking for a Greco Ric copy truss rod cover.

Anyone can lend a hand in pointing to the right direction? thank you very much!

2. any leads?

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Does it need to say Greco? Terrapin can make a blank one for you; also I have an Electra one if you're interested.

4. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    Of course it has to say Greco! Gotta be as proud of the fakes as of the real thing.

Now that I think on it, it might be fun to put a Greco cover on an actual Ric. :)

5. i just don't want to misrepresent the bass... it is what it is a decent japanese copy of a US-made legend.

6. I once had a Greco-collecting guitar playing friend who got what you are looking for through an Ibanez forum similar to this one, but not on TB. If I knew how to contact him, I would.

Surf around on Ibanez owner's forums. Join em and ask. You may have better luck there than here because all they care about is Ibanez, Greco, Fugiwhatever made stuff.

7. I imagine you would save yourself a lot of goose-chasing by getting some clear plexi and making one yourself. All you would need is to print out the logo on paper (or a sticker, or waterslide) and slide it under the plexi.

8. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Yes. This I want to do :cool:

9. good suggestion.

10. Thank you.

My friend actually contacted someone he met on the Ibby lovers site and ordered 10 of them for his growing Firebird collection. They looked like they came from the Greco factory- very nice work.

Some of those older Grecos and Ibbys are rather awesome. Build quality is amazing.

Good luck!

11. They are really nice. That's why i would like them to be represented as is, and not put a rickenbacker trussrod cover.

12. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    I'm resurrecting this thread, sorry!

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to make either a blank TRC or one that says 'Fakenbacker' or something to that extent?
    I would pay well.

I have a MIJ Ric copy, but I have no idea what brand it is.
    I certinaly don't want to pass it off as the real thing, it's just that when I got it, there was no cover there at all.
    It's just the exposed wood and three screw holes. I only want to cover it up with something that looks remotely good and keep dirt out of the cavity.
    I see people making these covers themselves and I'd be willing to pay for one...

Or can someone point me in another direction here?
    Suggestions?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021