1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Greco TV-1200?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bluebard, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Bluebard

Bluebard

Oct 21, 2014
    Buffalo
    Hey bass folks,

Anyone know anything about these basses? I'm in the market for an active, medium-scale bass, and I've been looking at a lot of the old Japanese basses like Aria, Greco, etc. Recently stumbled upon a Greco TV-1200 that's available, but I can't find any information about this model or the TV-series of Greco basses in general. I know that 70s-80s Grecos are supposed to be of very high quality, having been made by Matsumoku, but I don't know when the TV-series were made :/ maybe in the 90s?

I'm under the impression that they're active and medium-scale, which is what I'm looking for...but if anyone has any experience with the quality, sound, playability, etc. of these basses, I'd appreciate your input! I'd also like to know what kind of pickups the thing has...ideally I'd like some humbuckers.

I'd also like any recommendations for an active, medium-scale bass ;) they're tough to find!

The TV-1200 looks like this:
    imgrc0063347294.

Thanks! :)

Mark76 likes this.
  2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Deffo Les Paul Jnr influence there

Bluebard likes this.
  3. Bluebard

Bluebard

Oct 21, 2014
    Buffalo
    bump!

4. Gaolee

Gaolee It's all about the polyester

Don't know much about that particular model, but I know their Thunderbirds are well regarded. Those were made up through the early 1990s or so.

Bluebard likes this.