green day - i fought the law!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Hey guys. I just heard this recording! I tihnk it's pretty awesome!
    Really fun song!

Mike's through a bit more again, is he using his sig. bass?

I'm really diggin' BJ's voice on the track! And Tre' has got the feel down for sure...

my only peeve about this song, apart from it beign a cover... is BJ's guitar sound! I really hope he goes back to the dookie/insomnia style! GD need some more rawness like the old days to get that rock/punk feling again! just mo...

also, i think the song has a really cool ramones tpye of feel... like the clapping...

i fought the law! AND THE LAW WON!! :)
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's a pretty catchy song. It's currently being used to promote the apple iTunes/Pepsi 100 million song giveaway, and as such the ad is played a lot on TV, so I am kind of getting sick of the song just from the saturation it's getting. But it's stilly pretty catchy.
  3. Who originally wrote/recorded that song? I know there are two kinds, "And the law won" on Clash's London Calling and "And I won" on The Dead Kennedy's "Give Me Convience or Give me Death".
  4. Bobby Fuller Four, i believe! Back in the '50s, i think!

Man, I thinkpretty much everyone has done that song at some point in their life!!!

Sex Pistols, Ramones, Green Day, DK's, Johnny Cash... :)

I fougth the law! and.. the law won :bawl: :hyper:
  5. where could i find it, i cant find it on anything, unless i paid a dollar to napster, which i dont udnerstand why downloading makes sucha big deal of it, artists get like 2 cents everytime someone downloads their song. even with cd's they get maybe 1 dollar per album if they're lucky. if people were stealing their merchandise and concert tickets and giving them away for free iw ould understand since that's their number one money maker
  6. i "stole" mine from kazaalite...

i'll happily send you the song - lemme know when you'll be online.. Do you have AIM or MSN, or ICQ?

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    So is it the DK version or the orginal version that they cover?
  8. original, and its a fairly unique, too. :)