Green Day splits...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    From an e-mail from the site mod...

"Hey Green Day fan,

You may or may not have heard the speculation of Green Day splitting up.
    Unfortunately, the reports are true. It is unclear to us the exact nature of the
    split, however, Billie Joe Armstrong has made clear his intentions to delay the
    press conference until the contract opt-out options are finalized. has been handed over to Warner Bros and is already
    owned by them so we are unsure of the future of the Idiot Club and the forum.

We will keep you updated as more news is available."

:meh: :( :bawl:
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    They were OK, I suppose. Dirnt is a great pop punk bassist, great tone. From what I hear, there new stuff kinda sucks anyway. :meh:
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I always thought they sounded great... Tre Cool was a very tasteful drummer... I really dig his kick and cymbal work...

Dirnt was the king of punk fills...

And Billie was all crunch...

Put those three together, and what could possible go wrong?
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    All I remember is that Billie Joe was a total as$h0le @ some Rock am Ring festival in Germany. Lame.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, on the upshot, Fear Factory is back together. Win some, lose some.
  6. Oh well. Hadn't really done anything significant for awhile. If you rest, you rust. Might as well call it then.
  7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The good that can come out of this?

More Pinhead Gunpowder....If Aaron would come out of his damn cocoon....

Green Day have had a good run. Nearly 20 years in the biz, and (personally) I think they've improved greatly.
  9. That sucks they were one of my favorite bands

**** happens
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'know, hoaxsters shouldn't play with a man's hopes and dreams like that.
  11. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Dookie was the first CD i ever bought. I was 10 I, if that really is true I think I'm about to cry.
  12. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I never thought I'd agree with you on anything Mike, but you're right. I like his approach to rock/punk bass playing. He bought the melody back to than scene.
  13. Oy. So is it a hoax or isn't it? It's not on or .net, so I guess I'll withhold my response until I hear something official.

Holding my breath...:meh:
  14. Obviously it's a hoax! Green Day are BEST friends, they will never die! burnout, yes... but never die!

I haven't heard any new songs yet, but BJ says "its blowing me away", I can't wait to hear it !! :D

Mike is also getting a signature bass! Woohoo!! It's about time! What were Fender thinking?! :D
  15. That sucks.:(
    Im not into their music. But I always thought they kick ass. Besides, who never played "longview", "Nice guys finish last" or the track nro 2(i can`t remember it`s name)...
    The fact is, it sucks....
    But don`t worry, Primus came back after 5 years, Rush, etc... And they are 3 nice guys, no ego problem, anything... Im almost sure they `ll come back someday....:D

Peace, Love and Green Days for everyone

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

17. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Mike needs to get his skull fractured by a beer bottle...oh wait...Good job Arion!!

I love Arion Salazar lol