Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Green Day String quartet tribute?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Guss, Nov 28, 2004.

1. The thought came across my mind and i can't help wondering if anyone has found a tribute to green day. If not, what are some other good string quartet tributes?

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    There's a version of radioheads ok computer out there on the web. I've heard a few tracks but one listen was more than enough.

3. So i take it it wasn't that good....

4. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    There is a string tribute to Tool called 'Third Eye Open' that I thought was pretty cool. Also Apocalyptica (an all cello quartet) has an album of all Metallica covers that is cool.

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I heard their version of 'Creeping Death', and it was pretty cool. :)

Graeme

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The funniest string tribute I've ever seen, but never heard, was a string tribute to Slayer. One of the least melodic famous metal bands ever.

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    when i'm bored in orchestra i play the riff of reign in blood on my violin...does that count?

i also play the zutons riff in don't ever think on the db when everything goes quiet.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Gia = Rock

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    who told you that?! :ninja: :mad:

10. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    No- they get my interest because their singer and guitarist are considwerably more talented than most in their genre-
    - It seemed like eleveator music.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

errr, sorry, my people got my sources mixed up. Trust me, several interns will be severely beaten, starved and burned with coffee.

Gia = Screamo

Again... I apologize for any problems this may have caused.

12. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    actually i prefer to be labelled trip-pop/noise rock at the moment.

i think the blame lays with the management this time MATT TILL.
    you'll be hearing from my team of very powerful lawyers within the hour.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Upon chatting with your powerful lawyers, I've decided to see it their way... "Yes, Trix are for kids."

I won't be a bother any longer...

14. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Just two days ago I got "Anotomica" - a SECOND string quartet tribute to Tool. Two-disc set featuring The Section (Bass, Viola, Violin, Electric Violin) and the Da Capo Players (Bass, Cello, Viola, Violin) [-forgive me if those details are backward]. Not bad, kinda tough to get used to as sometimes the vocal melody isn't phrased exactly "accurate", but quite a few of the tracks are good. Very raw string sounds on 75% of it.

String Quartet does Green Day? Pshaw!