Green With Purple Spots Bass Club

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by peterbright, Aug 2, 2014.

1. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    No pictures are necessary...we do not care to barf. Just join now. I am number 1. Everyone is welcome.

2. dutchwife

dutchwife

Aug 6, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    Totally bummed ~ misread the title as "Purple With Green Spots Bass Club" & thought I'd got lucky. Oh well, seeing as photos are non existe....sorry, not required, I'll take honorary tag #2 if it's going. After all, I can't imagine anybody else wanting it.

3. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    What about purple with green spots? Is that a different club?

GoesThump likes this.
  4. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Yeah, this one will made 1000 posts fast. :D

5. dutchwife

dutchwife

Aug 6, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    Lobster 11, that's a different club. I was going to suggest that you pm'd me for a number; on reading the replies I'd recommend that you do it fast as it looks like Red J's itching to join the party. Not sure whether he's going 'Green w/ Purple' or 'Purple w/ Green' but I hope it's the latter; he's right about one thing ~ Pw/GS, sure, no problem but Green w/ Purple Spots won't have people queueing for club numbers. I mean really, that's just tasteless.

6. verycoolname

verycoolname

Jan 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    These are for sale on eBay...

$_57.jpg

$T2eC16dHJGgFFm3)NHolBRsKB8)+eQ~~60_57.jpg

dutchwife, RedHotFuzz and devntran like this.
  7. dutchwife

dutchwife

Aug 6, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    Hmmmm....taking back my last comment. I'd bolt a Status neck & throw a set of Delanos into that second one and rock it out shamelessly. VCN, thanks, you have opened my eyes to the fact that I, by my own standards, am devoid of taste. :D
    Can we get some purple spots on this Smiley please?

verycoolname likes this.
  8. GoesThump

GoesThump

Jul 13, 2007
    He's the Judean People's Front!!! splitter!

GT

9. rikomaru

rikomaru

Jul 31, 2014
    You're not the only one. I'd rock an all-maple neck with the same paint job and wait for a sea of projectile vomit to hit the stage.
    "Why do you wear goggles on stage?"
    "Oh.....you'll see....." XD

verycoolname likes this.
  10. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    No I'm not. I hate those guys! I'm with the Popular People's Fr.... er, I mean the Judean People's Popu.... um.... wait, I know this....

[apologies for arcane Monty Python reference]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  11. dutchwife

dutchwife

Aug 6, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    Riko, I've decided that my comments about tastelessness were wrong & would thus like to compliment you on your excellent sense of decor. Oh, and to warn you that I am so overwhelmed by this beast that I'm seriously thinking about throwing down the cash, picking it up and writing some tracks that'll do it justice.
    no regular gigs fit the image, plus I reckon that it's started to twist my thought processes into the dimension from whence it came......

12. verycoolname

verycoolname

Jan 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    You guys are not alone in your admiration. Trust me, the only reason I know those exist is because I seriously considered purchasing the second one for awhile. My brother told me it looked, "absolutely stupid and disgusting," which shot down my ambitions.

13. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006

OldPlucker likes this.
  14. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    You are progressing nicely...keep it up.

15. GrafZeppelin

GrafZeppelin

Jan 5, 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Endorsing artist: Yamaha basses, Barefaced cabinets, Two-Notes Engineering preamps and cabinet simulators, Ultimate Ears IEM, Slickbag gigbags
    Damn! I misinterpreted it as "green bass PLAYERS with purple spots" and thought I'd finally get to drop the concealer. Oh well...

RedHotFuzz likes this.
  16. dutchwife

dutchwife

Aug 6, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    Graf Z, although "No pictures necessary" was stated early, if you buy either of the basses pictured I think it would be wrong of you to not post gig photos....:thumbsup:.

17. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    I would totally hit those!

18. verycoolname

verycoolname

Jan 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Here and here.

He also has this, which I'd totally rock in some weird acid rock type band...

$_57.jpg

And, just in case you need a pick guard for your new Green/Purple bass...

$_57.jpg

(And, just to clarify, I'm not in any way affiliated with this seller)

19. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Not crazy about the color combo, but I really like the 3D effect.

dutchwife likes this.
  20. GrafZeppelin

GrafZeppelin

Jan 5, 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Endorsing artist: Yamaha basses, Barefaced cabinets, Two-Notes Engineering preamps and cabinet simulators, Ultimate Ears IEM, Slickbag gigbags
    Deal!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021