Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by kirbywrx, May 3, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I havent heard them spoken about on here at all to my suprise :eek: I thought they would be more popular amongst the youngins (me).

They were much better before they realeased Warning. Dont get me wrong, its a great album, but they have become too popular in a way. Like everyone likes their new stuff, and when you say have you heard Longveiw, or Geek Stink Breath, they are like wha...? People also think they they are soft, because they made Time of your Life. But look at Metallica, they made Nothing else Matters (and to a lesser extent) and Mama Said, and they are known as one of the best (the best IMO) metal acts around. Time of your life i think was a great song, but if they had released more songs after they had releases that, they would have sold out quicker, hence making their fans think they have "sold out" quicker.

Question, Comments, Queries on Greenday?
  2. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I love Geek Stink Breath, and actually think that Insomniac is probably their strongest album musically. My favorite Green Day song to date is 86 from Insomniac.
  3. i think green day is great, both the old and the new. probably one of the top 5 bands of the 90's.
  4. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room... day is kool man...... =D
    my friend misty is really into em.. (there all she talks about) and this has been goin on for years.. lol
    I dont think someone can sellout.. because if they did sellout.. well wouldn't GG ALLIN be a sellout too?? hehe think about it.. he changed his sound once n a while... well his voice on some of his recordings..
    So noones a sellout..anybody who has "punk rock" friends... that call stuff sellout.. take there forsell sign and stick it in thur poop hole =D
    PS: I gotta old skool rock/punk influenced band sorta going in the works.. with a blues solo by me =D.. rah
  5. Green Day isn't my favorite band ever, even some of their old stuff I'm not too keen about. But they do their jig and they haven't let the whole fame and fortune and MTV thing get to them. Also, they raised a bunch of money for Food not Bombs, more than I can say about certain other bands.

They also had one of the coolest contests I've ever seen. I saw them once on MTV where they hid two concert tickets in a bunch of acoustic guitars and two guys had to smash the guitars to get at the tickets.
  6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I don't really care if they are "real" punk or "fake punk" or "Pop" punk or whatever, I have loved this band ever since the first time I heard them. Mike Dirnt's a real solid and undderappreciated player too.
  7. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I really like the basslines in the verses for "minority",and "warning".I dont like Green Day much.Oh,cant forget bassline for "longview".The only song i really is "jaded",i think thats the one.
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I LOVE GREEN DAY!!! they are my fav band of all time....i have all thier fav cd is prolly dookie...and my fav green day song is prolly 2000 light years away(off of kerplunk)...i saw them once before...adn i am seing them may 24th w/ blink 182(don't let me mentioning blink turn into a "Blink Bash")

9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Way back in the day, they were my favorite band. My First favorite, actually, so I got soft spot for them.
  10. air4me2

air4me2 Guest

Feb 19, 2002
    Wow isn't that hardcore.

Think of all the money they could have spent on "Food not Bombs" instead of those d@mn guitars they let some dorks smash on Mtv.