1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Greetings! A Newbie on the Bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Thomas Chris Ty, Mar 21, 2019.

1. I will mainly play and perform for the local Church as well as inside my bedroom using headphones for meditation of some sort or soul searching.

I will halt learning the viola for now to learn the bass guitar.

2. Welcome to church bass guitar. I presume you will be playing Praise. If so the verse could have 6 or all 7 chords in one verse. Because of that the roots come up very quickly. Normally just playing the root to the beat of the drummer's kick drum will be all the time you will have.

The runs, fills, etc. will come between verses and more than likely someone has already clamed that space.

Good luck. Smile, pound roots and don't step on toes.

3. Thank you. Pretty much, I will be playing Praise and Worship songs.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021