Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Greetings and request for help identifying my new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by primesuspect, Feb 11, 2004.

1. primesuspect

primesuspect

Feb 11, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Hello everybody. I just inherited a magical gift today - I was given (on a long-term loan basis ;) ) a beautiful 6 string by a dear friend. It belonged to a man named David Trevis, who was a phenomenal player and whose life was tragically cut short when he committed suicide a few years ago. It has been sitting in a studio for these last few years and today the inheritor of the instrument told me that he would rather see it be played and loved than for it to hang on a wall for the forseeable future.

I have been playing for a little over 12 years, but the 6 string is a new beast for me. I don't know much about them, so I feel like a new player all over again (which is a good thing, always).

One nagging thing, however, is identifying this bass. I can't figure out what it is. I'll attach two pictures of it, in hopes that one of the experts here can give me a hand in identifying it. Thanks in advance for any help that anybody can give me.
    :bassist:

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    An Aria? Just a guess. -Luke

3. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah he's right, AP is the custom shop line of Aria.

4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    That bass is beautiful :cool:

Oh, and welcome to TB!

5. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    CORRECT I HAD ONE. STRING SPACING IS VERY TIGHT HUH?

6. primesuspect

primesuspect

Feb 11, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Thanks for the help. It's good to know what I've got here. It is really beautiful and I'm still stunned that I have it.

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I'll be able to stick around and contribute enough to not "disappear" amongst all the members you have here. I own a pretty busy forum site myself, so I know how it goes.

I have some unique expertise and experience in pro audio computers, which is part of what I do for a living, so hopefully I'll be of SOME use around here :p

7. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Cool,I've never seen an Aria quite like that,but I thought it had to be. Welcome to Talkbass! -Luke