greetings from California

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by lauregami, May 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lauregami

lauregami

May 1, 2019
    California
    hello! I am a fresh bass player (been playing to myself in my room with headphones for 6 months). I have past music experience with brass (cornet and baritone) as well as some choral stuff. i have a squier short scale jaguar. I heard they discontinued them recently so I'm glad I picked one up. I love it. Taking things slow, working on each tone and then going through scales and things like that, trying to figure out how to piece and work them together, reading about shapes and understanding how my fingers go up and down the bass.

I feel like my right hand needs more work than my left. I would like to learn how to do more percussive stuff, but I am just doing fingerstyle, and am still a tiny bit clumsy, I have no idea how to incorporate anything else other than 2 finger picking. relearning how to read music is really really nice and it's helping my understanding of the instrument. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!!!!

2. Welcome and good luck.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021