Greetings from Indonesia

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Asep Muchlas, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Asep Muchlas

Asep Muchlas

Aug 16, 2020
    I hope everyone have a great day and stay in good health, at this strange time. I am an Aria fans since the beginning of my path as a bass player.

I have in my gear two decent Aria basses.
    One is a five strings IGB-STD, Korean made (year 2000, the change of millenium, yeah). It has a basswood body, a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. I used this for most of my recordings.

The other one is a rather peculiar Aria Pro ii The Cat bass, with a body made of Plywood (that's right), with a maple neck and an ebony fretboard. This bass marks the transition of Aria Pro ii factory from Japan to Samick factory in Korea. Mine is a Korean made, I guess. I identify this because the serial number on the plate says year 87, and no longer use "made in Japan" plate. Nonetheless, it is a good bass to play with. The sustain is a bit short (maybe because it's made of plywood), but it certainly bites.

I hope I can learn about basses with you people here in this forum. Thanks for having me.

Attached Files:

GregC and Goatrope like this.
  2. Malcolm1935

Malcolm1935

Feb 5, 2021
    Welcome.

3. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Australia
    Welcome to TB. You’ll find lots of information and helpful people here.

4. BossOnBass

BossOnBass

Aug 11, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Welcome @Asep Muchlas ! It sounds like you have a couple of nice playing instruments.

5. Ruli

Ruli

Sep 28, 2021
    sip ngab. maju terus...