1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Greetings from Toronto-Home of Geddy Lee

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BogieBass, Apr 12, 2006.

1. BogieBass

BogieBass

Apr 11, 2006
    Toronto
    Hello Everyone,

I am 40 years old and just bought my first bass as part of my MIDDLE AGE CRAZY thing. At least its' not as expensive as a new sportscar...yet.

I am playing a Fender Geddy Lee with Ernie Ball Nickel Super Slinkys through a Hartke 15" Kickback Amp. Its' plenty of power for our small apartment.

I got married last summer to a wonderful, younger woman who plays the clarinet. This has motivated me to learn an instrument of my own.

I played guitar when I was younger, but I think I was too immature when I started and never kept it up.

I have always loved and paid attention to the bass lines in my favourite music. Not coincidently, all of my favourite bands have great bassists.

I love Cream, Led Zep, The Who and Rush.

My dream is to learn my favourite songs and play in a garage band with some fellow dinosaurs.

I am a chef by profession and partner in a cooking studio and private dining facility in Toronto.

I just moved from Western Canada in December and I think that it is one of the great cities of the world.

There is so much great music happening here, both in the clubs and concert halls.

Peace and love to y'all.

2. black lake

black lake Guest

Apr 3, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome to the board Bogie, and welcome to your mid-life crisis (I am there too).

3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Right on!

Great choice in musical instruments!

I think that for the most part you will enjoy visiting this board. It is full of great advice and great people!

(The other kind of advice and people are here too but in relatively small amounts.)

Nice to meet you!

:D

Joe.