Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dennis_UK, Nov 5, 2003.

1. My first post to say hello! And a really great forum!
    Just got back to playing after a 16-year hiatus, completely without a bass. Wow, I really didn't realise what I'd been missing. Got laid off, see, so went and got a new "Sting" Precision (always loved Telebasses) and Ashdown combo. And a '96 MIJ Jerry Donahue Tele and a small Marshall while I was at it!

It's great to be back! No band/gigs yet, but then I gotta remember what to do with this thing.

GAS: '62 style P-bass. 2x15 cabinet (not modern in my tastes here - bass isn't bass without 15s...). Might get a fretless again someday. Had an '81 walnut P-bass FL. Good, but I shouldn't have traded the '69 Telebass for it...:bawl:

2. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey Dennis, Welcome to talkbass!! Your post is about to be moved into the misc forum. There is a thread there on new talkbassers introducing themselves .

Wait until you try a 2*12 Cab :D

Hope you have a good start in reintroducing yourself to the instrument. And i doubt you will have any problems especially with all the help you can find here.

Michael

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Wow, you must have ESP! ;)

Moved.

4. Thanks for the welcome!

Although the gear has undoubtedly evolved in the ensuing 16 years, I got away from twelves as soon as I could afford it. Why? On trying out the old 50 watt Fender bassman head and 2x15 cab. Nowhere to go after that but 15s. And more 15s. The good thing is that 15s have also evolved, and good amps. The Ashdown, for a relatively cheap £400 or less, is very tonally versatile, with the octavider even getting me into 5-string depth with careful use.
    Money-no-object rig? With someone else to carry it? 2 2x15s and a 4x10, with a Bassman 300 head. Awesome punch!

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So - if you're going to the toilet... presumably you have to be careful not to say : "I'm just popping out to the loo" - as everybody would tell you you're already there!! ;)

6. :D ...but not new!