1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Greetings

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Zachary Martin, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Zachary Martin

Zachary Martin Fine doublebass repairs

Greetings friends and new acquaintances.
    Before I start voicing my opinions I would like to introduce myself. My name is Zachary Martin. I currently reside in Providence, R.I. where I have had a Doublebass repair shop for close to four years.
    I have worked closely with Arnold Schnitzer and I'm associated with Jeff Bollbach and Nick Lloyd(blabla) among others...
    I respect, very much the opinions and work of these "gentlemen" and hope I can help shed some light on the workings of the 'bass.
    Happy talking!
    Zachary

2. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    (...cue lights...start choir...bring in the doves...)

WELCOME ZACH!

Talkbass is full of great people and lots of hot air. It's great to have another lutheran.

3. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Hey Zach, glad you're here! I assume you are using a rather loose interpretation of the word "gentlemen"? :smug: :bag:

4. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Folks, Zach is an up and coming bass luthier whom I can heartily recommend. His commitment to quality above all is downright pathological. Glad to see him on TB!

5. mpm

mpm

May 10, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Welcome Zach, some of my best friends are pathological lutherans. I too have luthiotic tendencies but am currently in remission.

6. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Do you make reMission furniture?

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Of course. Check the reMission statement on his website. Duh.

Welcome, Zach!

8. mpm

mpm

May 10, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Why yes Ed, I do make ReMission furniture in the style of the noted Arts and Crafts architect (archtype?) Nick Lloyd Wright...

Zach, are you quite sure you WANT to hang here?

9. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    You guys really aren't quite right.

10. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    It was a pleasure to me you. (I finally got to meet Zachary Martin yesterday.) Went along for the ride with my teacher to pick up his bass.

Now I know where his shop is located if I ever need a little adjustment.

Fred

11. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    I know Zac disdains self-promation, so I'll put in a word for him. Zac will be luthier-in-residence at this year's Boston Bass Bash at NEC in June. This is a very worthwhile seminar, and I hope it draws a lot of ambitious TB'ers. Zac will be giving a hands-on demo about bass maintenance. That's if he gets over his fear of public speaking ;) I'm going to try and stop by to check out the length of his beard...

12. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Do you have the dates of the Boston Bass Bash?

His beard was a respectable length (but he's got nothing on ZZ Top).

13. Welcome, Zach. It seems nobody has mentioned our three month trial period. This is especially important for luthiers and doubley important for "up and coming luthiers!
    We'll see how you do.....:)

Anyway, welcome aboard!

14. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I think it's around the 22 of June, thur-sun. I intend to show up at least just to harass Zach.

15. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    There goes the neighborhood.

Where is Zac, anyways? Still touring the mountain time zone with his punk band?