Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Greg K

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CanadianBassGuy, Jul 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright, I'm starting a new thread about Greg K from The Offspring, because the last one just ended a bash thread, and while those can be fun, it looks like everyone got a little bit off topic. To be honest, I think Greg K is an alright bass player. Some of his stuff is creative and catchy, while some of his stuff is basic root note stuff. Big deal if he plays root notes a lot now, I play root notes, and I'm damn proud of it. I feel if I can serve my function as a bass player, than it doesn't matter if I'm playing the most complicated stuff in the world. Greg K functions as a bass player, whether playing root notes or not. Even the great Cliff Burton played root notes and nobody bashes him. If we're gonna bash one bassist for playing root notes, than we should bash all of the bassists that play root notes. And we can bash Fieldy just for fun.:D Thats my two cents for the day, hope you all had fun.

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    the 1st thread pretty much said it all....and this one will more than likely wind up with similar results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.