1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Greg K?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dain bramage, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Does anyone like Greg Kriesel of The Offspring's style of playing? He doesn't do much technical stuff but he really knows what he's doing as far as fitting in goes. Not to mention he has had a few great lines such as Tehran and I Choose. I'd say he's better than most punk bassists... even though Offspring is just rock now.

2. a decent punk bass player . When I started playing I learned all of his lines . Love his lines on crossroads and have you ever .

3. Oh man Have You Ever is easy but sounds so awesome... Crossroads is sweet no matter how bad or good you are.

4. The offspring is the only punk music you will catch me listening to... they are great with their simple style.

The only thing I dont like is how they have been labeled as a "joke band" because many of their mainstream songs aren't as serious.

If you want a good listen, check out "ixnay on the hombrae"(sp).

Never really analyzed their bassist much though.

5. Yeah, Ixnay is the greatest. It's crazy, ALL MY FRIENDS listen to Offspring even though they're not on mtv and not popular these days. I mean, they appeal to fans of so many genres. It pisses me off how people think they're a joke. People even thought Come Out and Play was a joke song when it was dealing with a very serious subject! (gang violence in school)

6. He is alright, one thing i can attribute to him is my love of ATKs :)

7. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Greg K is a pretty good bass player, and The Offspring is one of my favourite bands.