Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Greg K

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Smiling Bob, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiling Bob

Smiling Bob

Jan 19, 2002
    North Wales
    Whats everyones opinion an Greg K from The Offspring? Im just wondering cause no-one ever seems to mention him.:confused:

2. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    I like his custom ATK basses a lot.

3. cloudnine

cloudnine

Jan 18, 2002
    Pennsylvania
    I think Greg K is an untalented bassist. He has an annoying, scratchy, hi-mid filled tone that doesn't seem to belong in the Offspring's music. I also think that his bass lines could be a lot better. As for the Offspring, don't even get me started. They are all pretty fly white guys. :rolleyes:

4. Smiling Bob

Smiling Bob

Jan 19, 2002
    North Wales
    Why is it that if someone writes bass lines that arn't insanely chalanging and arthritis inducing, people go and say they're untalented?? If they were untalented they wouldnt be in a band. If they were untalented then the bass in their songs would be way out. Greg's bass lines do the job dont they? It's not like he plays the same note all the way through or anything is it? If you dont like someones bass playin' (or anything else for that matter), dont say how untalented they are (or how bad it/they are), cause how do you know what else they can play or have written? If ya dont like someone, just say that. Dont knock their bass playin cause you dont have to have 10 8" fingers on each hand to play their stuff. k?:mad: :(

5. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    I hate when this happens. If you ask for opinions, you will most definantly get them. If you don't like them too bad. I personally like Greg K, but I don't care if somebody else thinks he sucks, because I don't give a damn. I don't mean to offend you, but you have to grow some thicker skin if you want to survive around here. Just my .02

6. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    you people are either stupid, blind, or intent upon being argumentative - perhaps all three. i repeat again, read the thread below, and shut your faces.

The Greg Kiesel Thread OF DOOM

:mad:

7. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    Hey *ToNeS* you wanna go? Flagpole after school. ;)

8. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    naturally i was addressing everyone except you, bobsy, the only man brave enough to have once quoted me in his sig :D legend.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.