Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gregory bruce campbell

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by neptoon, Mar 31, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
  2. Ya I heard one of his tracks, didn't like it much though. He sometimes hangs over at the musicplayer bass forum.

3. Ya GBC kicks! He's a really nice guy too. Check him out at http://www.mp3.com/freakwincing . He has some pretty sick tracks that he plays on a 9-string bass!

4. aside from his Freak Wincing material, Greg plays with a group called Kickstart Chubby. they're regulars at the Bozeman Bass Bash, but this year Campbell might be doing his solo looping thing. very cool guy. *AND* he just got a pair of AccuGroove El Whappos!

from the low end,

Stew

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    From what I've had the pleasure of hearing,I would just like to express my sincere respect for a fellow bassist who is truly walking the path he continues to pave.Greg keep doing what your doing,and stay true to your all.
    LIFE IS WHAT IT IS.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I thought Bruce Campbell was that guy that was the executive producer of and played Ash in Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness (the director's cut just came out, btw).

7. you're confusing Bruce Campbell with GREGORY Bruce Campbell. I don't know the actor (although I dig his work), but Greg's an extremely cool guy with a great outlook. he's got a pretty righteous bass, too. you can check out pics of it at http://warriorinstruments.com on their 'Artists' page as he (like Jauqo!) is one of their endorsers.

good to see you posting again Jauqo. what's happening in Chi-town? talked to the Buddha lately?

from the low end,

Stew

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Hey! whats going on Stew,just a little busy with some studio stuff,and a few other things of the musical nature.and yes me and Billy speak almost daily,he's leaving monday for Cali.(Accugroove)
    PEACE,we will talk soon.

9. yeah, Mark at AccuGroove said that they're designing him a signature cab and throwing him a bash, too. Myron Dove and a couple of other cats are gonna be there. wish I could catch the shindig. hey, man, what's going on with the new 15 string?

from the low end,

Stew

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    As far as the new 15 goes Im tossing a few things around in my head.Im working with D. Markley on a set that Im calling a multi octave set.it will consist of standard,octave,and an octave higher than the octave(multi octave set).

11. Jauqo... that multi-octave string set sounds very interesting.

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
  13. I have to agree, man. they sound very cool. I remember Stu Hamm in an interview saying that recording the same line with a standard bass and a piccolo on one of his albums resulted in a cool chorusing effect because it was impossible to perfectly intonate two instruments. now if those were two cuts played back-to-back instead of simultaneously like your 15, your sound would have to be UNREAL!! keep gettin' crazy, Jauqo,

from the low end,

Stew

14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Im just going where my heart takes me,
    Thanks Stew

15. stay cool, Jauqo.

for anyone still reading this post, it's worth noting that Greg Campbell will be doing a series of seminars and shows with Neil Zaza in the Montana area. the boy's definitely got some chop. and a whole lot of heart,

from the low end,

Stew

16. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    Bill did indeed spend 3 days here in AccuGroove land. We worked real hard, took care of bid-ness & jammed like crazy.

Wild Bill is one of the nicest & down to earth guys in the world. With a live band he played through our 21" Whappo Grande, our El Whappo & our Whappo Jr. (at the same time) stacked on top of one another, but lying on their sides. We powered them with a 2000 watt Crest & a $3,200 Millennia pre-amp. Whew...it was smokin!

Wish you could have been here Stew. And you Jauqo, we talked about you. (All good of course)

Mark

17. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Hello Mark!its all good.while you and Bill was funkin it up I was in Nashville with Vic(Wooten)chillin at his crib,checkin out some of his new grooves he was layin down for his newest record.and fella's the funk that Reggie(Vics brother) was layin down on the bass,was truly the essence of groove with a capital FUNK.
    PEACE

18. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    Hey Jauqo, I think we're going to have to get EVERYONE together. You, Bill, Vic, etc. And I know just the place...AccuLand where the groove is thick. Could you hang in Silicon Valley for a couple of days?

Mark

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Hey! Mark,Im kool with that:)

20. man, sounds like things are very cool for you cats! if I can get my new trio up and running, I think you guys would definitely dig the format: instrumental funk fusion with 2 basses and a drummer! we could be the warm-up band for the warm-up band when Bill and Vic tear up AccuLand!!

Jauqo, Greg said that he got to hear some of your new stuff and that the grooves were vicious! when you gonna get some of that recorded?

Mark, are you going to be in Bozeman this September? I'm gonna jam with Greg and force those 8 strings through an El Whappo. you can bet I'm lookin' forward to THAT!!

:D

hope all's crankin' for you fellas. take care and take it light,

from the low end,

Stew