1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gretsch Eletromatic Junior Jet II G2220 - Some things I've been wondering...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gustavovicente, Jul 26, 2012.

1. gustavovicente

gustavovicente

Jul 22, 2012
    Hey guys im from Brasil, and I'm new around here, it's my first post, so sorry if I'm missing something, or the english is too bad... I'm really enjoying the forum, lots of good information, and I hope I can help too..

I was thinking a lot about this new Gretsch, and any good information is welcome, but there are some things that I'd really love to know... The thing is that I've played it at a store, and liked the tone and feel, but you know that playing a little in a shop can be tricky..

Does anyone know anything about those Gretsch Mini Humbuckers? Construction and soundwise...

And among a lot of other diferences between the eletromatic and the pro jet - ofcourse its normal - I've noticed a huge distance between the neck pickup and the fretboard on the cheap one, a lot wider than the pro version... Do you think it would loose a lot of low frequences??

Thank you, and TalkBass rocks!!!

A pic of each one:

Eletromatic
    2514620552_frt_wlg_001.

Pro 2416003806_frt_wlg_001.

2. gustavovicente

gustavovicente

Jul 22, 2012
    bump

3. jlh60

jlh60

Aug 21, 2009
    Warren ,Mi
    The Pro has a 24 fret neck and the Electromatic has only 20 frets. The bridge and neck pickups on both basses are roughly the same distance between the nut and the bridge.
    I haven't played either bass and don't know how they sound compared to each other.

Jim

4. gustavovicente

gustavovicente

Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks, I haven't thought about the fretboard length at all..

I'm getting mine tomorrow, next week I'll post a review!