1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gretsch G6072 Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berth, Aug 17, 2007.

1. berth

berth

Aug 28, 2006
    I am thinking about ordering one. But this is only because of things I read about them and the looks of the bass.

Does someone have soundfiles of this bass? Is Someone willing to take neck measures for me like in this: [​IMG] Ibanez provided picture? I can only find "WIDTH AT NUT :1-11/16" (43mm)" and the phrase "baseball bat style neck" I read in an advertisement makes me suspicious. I am quite fond of small necks. ;) Any non measured opinions on the G6072 neck? How does it compare to '73 rick necks? Any real life info on sound and playability is welcome! :)

2. berth

berth

Aug 28, 2006
    bump (hoping for some reactions, knowing we have owners of this bass on this board.)

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    i have one and love it. the neck is really thin (not baseball like). The tone is really woody and with a nice set of flats it sounds much like an upright. great bass, i gig with it regularly.