1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gretsch Or Dean Evo?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lewisjcoops, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Lewisjcoops

Lewisjcoops

Aug 22, 2018
    So I’ve been playing bass for nearly 2 years now. Currently I’m playing an Aria pro II IGB, however I’m looking to buy a short scale bass and spending around 250-300. the dean Evo short scale bass has everything I want: 24 frets, humbuckers and short scale. The problem is it’s a cheaper guitar and the reviews online are somewhat indecisive on whether it is good investment. On the other hand, the Gretsch 2220 i know is a good bass but only has 20 frets, but is the right price range. I’m stumped as to which one to get. Please help

Lew x

2. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Not Quite Right! Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Whitby Ontario
    I have the little Gretsch, and find it to be a great bass, not just a great bass for the money. The little Gretschbuckers are fine pickups. Play it as much as my Fender or Godin. Never had a problem with 20 frets, but if that is an issue for you then that would be a deal breaker. I would at least go try one out and see for yourself.