Gretsch short-scale tuner help!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PJwebbs, Nov 23, 2020.

1. PJwebbs

PJwebbs

Nov 23, 2020
    Hi everyone, my first post here :)

My Gretsch G2220 electromatic short-scale bass has always had pretty poor tuning pegs and I have never been confident enough to deal with this and change them, which to be honest often has me reaching for another bass as it just doesn't seem as stable... Shame.

Recently my hand is being forced to deal with this as one gave up and broke. The rubber loops under the key seem to have perished and snapped off.

Can anyone help to direct me to a good solid set of pegs that will fit this bass and will offer an upgrade over the poor stock ones. With it being a short scale they seem tiny compared to my p bass which has stumped about which pegs will fit.

Any help with this would be amazing. Thanks!

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Any 3/8" Gotoh GB-7 or knock-off should be fine. The licensed Hipshot Ultralite would be my first choice. I see spare parts for sale in the TB classifieds.

GretchBk.png
    GretchFR.png

3. PJwebbs

PJwebbs

Nov 23, 2020

Zooberwerx likes this.
  4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021