Greyboy Allstars anyone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Hambone, Jul 20, 2003.

1. I've just been turned onto these guys and man, can they swing!! (old fogey reference - sorry)

If you haven't heard of them, they have a very interesting blend of old school funk, 60's R&B, Nu Jazz, and a big 'ol pile of groove. Really infectious!
  2. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I saw them play once the bass player played a danelectro looking thing with flat for the whole show! Sho'nuff funky.

3. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I caught a show a couple years back, it was good funky vibes. I've never heard any recordings though.
  4. i love the greyboy allstars...they went their seperate ways a few years ago but are reuniting at berkfest music check it out!
  5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I dig 'em except when Karl Denson takes to the mike. A little bit of Karl D. goes a looooonnnng way. If he can just stick to his sax, everything is cool.

I actually like Robert Walter's (of Greyboy) 20th Congress much better. If you like Greyboy, check out Robt Walter's stuff.
  6. ah i almost forgot about them...i love the money shot cd. a little help from stanton moore goes a long way. trey said he's his favorite living drummer besides fishman.
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My friend Dave in San Diego turned me on to them about 5 years ago. I have 2 of their CD's.