grill cloth ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by origami, Sep 16, 2005.

1. origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    i think i am going with the 410+15 set-up.

i found an 410AV (anniversey vintage) ampeg SVT cab that i like and might buy.

i currently have the svt-115en (1x15"). i would like to replace the black grill cloth on the 15" cab with an exact match of the 410AV front grill cloth.

what is the exact grill cloth colors used in the amoeg AV (greyish)? I have seen some grill cloth at some online stores, but i want to make sure i order the right stuff to make a new matching grill cloth for my 15" cab fit in with the other AV cab.

who knows?
    what suggestions on a place to get the grill cloth?

2. telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    I'm not sure if they have the exact one you need, but I've gotten grill cloth from these guys. Their stuff is excellent and I've never had probs with these guys.
  3. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    So is it the blue or the black/silver?
  4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The service department does have that material in stock. I am not sure how they deal with that type material, but I would assume they sell it for repairs like any other part.

According to the listing I have, the SVT-410AV uses the 26-101-01 material.
  5. origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    I talked to “fliptops”, the AV uses the blue silver grill cloth.

I’ve been "gear blocked". it looks like I am waiting for two weeks to get the cab (boo hoo) I’ve been "grounded" by the Mrs.

I got a another expensive speeding ticket in a school zone (I actually didn't know there where school zones on bridges???) to makes things worse I was on my way home to do the online defensive driving test. Maybe I need a chauffer.

i may just buy a regular "black grill cloth" SVT410 and redo it and my 15" cab either in ampeg70's blue/silver or 70's fender silverface cab style. that guy who made the cowprint 810 painted around the speakers and that really made the speakers pop out. cool.

6. 64jb

May 19, 2009
    i'm thinking of re-grilling my svt 410 hlf cab. since i have the svt-vr head... but i'm not sure that if i take the white piping out of my stock grill right now and place the 70's grill would be too lose because of the piping not being included there anymore.. any suggestion for this?

or i can just re-grill the head instead of the cab. but i'm having a hard time figuring out how to pop that lil baffle on my svt vr head. any one has done this? help!
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Blue/silver is the only way to go, dude. That says "Ampeg." I bought a generic Fender grillcloth for my SVT because it was cheap and I'm kicking myself every day over it. When I redo the cab for real, blue/silver only for me!

BTW, work on that suck and cut into your gear budget!
  8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000

I suspect that he sorted all that out about four years ago.
  9. madraso_

Jun 30, 2009
    left column click on:
    Grill Cloth/Tolex/Piping

part# S-G294

it is very inexpensive, and for the most part a dead match.

Easy to install. Take your time to make sure it is stretched tight and that the lines remain horizontal.
    I recommend using a pneumatic stapler if you have access to one.
  10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Says you ;)

Whoops...didn't see it was a zombie thread.

Anyway, for 64jb, not sure about the grill for the cab, but the grill on the head should just pop out...if I'm not mistaken, it's only held on with velcro.
  11. Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I have purchased it directly from Ampeg parts department in the past...this prevents any chances of a mismatch.
  12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I'm just guessing.