Grind anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by melodic prep, Dec 15, 2003.

1. melodic prep

melodic prep

Dec 2, 2003
    I'm thinking about ordering a peavy grind, there are no stores near me with one. I know it's low end but my bank account is too. Just wondering what everybody's thoughts on it. It looks good,neck threw body,(wich I think is kool),and passive.:bassist:
  2. si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    i tried out a 5 string at the local guitar shop. i didnt really like it, the strings spacing was way too small and the neck wasnt finished. the action was akward too, but that was is fixed with a screwdriver.

anyway my advice would be to find a shop how has it and try it out before you pay anything.
  3. Yeah! do a search, a lot has been said about these. I just bought a Grind NTB 6 and I like it a lot. But, some of the others in the store were not so good.

My advice would be, only buy one if you can try it out first.
  4. melodic prep

melodic prep

Dec 2, 2003
    Thanx for the replys. On that 6 string ,how wide is the neck compared to most , Iknow that peavy's have slim necks and the reason I'm kinda skidish of a 6 string is the neck size. :bassist:
  5. The string spacing is a little tight, about 16.5mm but I can still slap.

The neck profile is amazing, everyone who picks it up is blown away. It's killer thin, and the action is unbelievable. I did have to do a complete set up on it, and dress a couple frets though.

So far I'm really liking the whole 6 string thing. There is so much range, and with the way I play, I think it fit's me perfect. I like to play more "across" the neck, rather then up and down it. Now I think I'm going to start saving some bread to drop some EMG's in this thing, then snatch up one of them Brice neck thru sixers when they come out in February or so.