Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

grind...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by deepbob, Aug 18, 2004.

1. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    /frump

>> grind (mp3)

[​IMG]

:bag:

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    is this thread about grindcore?

no one likes grindcore :(

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

... your mom likes... grindcore... :rollno:

NAPALM DEATH! :bassist:

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Woo Hoo ! :bassist:

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    napalm death are too good to be grindcore.

bf - "*** gia? napalm death are the fathers of grindcore!!!"

me - "shut up bitach"

bf - "no YOU shut up! girl who didn't know death metal was so named because of the band death!!!!!!!!!"

see what grindcore has started :(

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Grindcore will one day destroy us all.

Though, I don't know, it's to my understanding that grindcore is banging on drums as fast as possible while playing unmelodius riffs and yelling in some demon language, where most Napalm death I've heard (with the exception of what I've heard of Scum... "Human Garbage"), is fairly structured. The only ND album I own is Inside the Torn apart. They've always been said to be teetering on Grindcore and Death Metal.

I seriously do not get genres. I've also heard that Carcass is Grindcore, and they remind me of a heavier Countdown to Extinction era-Megadeth

7. AllegroNonMolto

AllegroNonMolto

May 15, 2004
    I'm fairly certain you haven't heard either band's early stuff. Carcass and ND were both about as noisy and grindcore as it got on their first couple albums.

8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Grindcore has become really popular lately, its merged with noise to make some crazy noise-rock/grind hybrid that is liberating and horribly mangling. All over the east coast (and particularly RI) hardcore and metal bands are attempting to fit years of tormetn and angst into a 50-second spurt of percussive over-amped spazz attacks. It's starting to get a little derivative (as it was all fresh and new back in what? 93?) but I still like it.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well then, I guess I don't really like grindcore. :meh:

10. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Wow, the song sounds very diffferent from what I thought it would.

I really like the drum part.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    See, I knew the derailment of this thread would do some good! We keep bumping it up with idiotic banter! Horray.

12. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    hehee, what is grindcore?

oh, and what new genre can i name my next 2 hr jam after so i get 8+ bumps on something that has nothing to do with it?

:help:

13. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The Antithesis of what that song is.

"You make me so....EMOTIONAL"

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Whatever you name your next song: Add core to then end of the title. Numerous scence related arguments will keep this thread bumped for a couple of months until Senor Robot cracks the whip.

15. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Banjocore and Noodlecore are starting to get pretty big right about now.

Just wait, soon the audience will double and I'll have to deal with a whole 6 people in the audience...geez, how are we going to fit them all in Mikey's closet.

16. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    hehe, so sorry to continue bumping this ridiculous thing, but the jest has reminded me of a recent encounter where after a few melees in a hip-hop "battle" i challenged a vanquished challenger to a Folk Battle. still has me giggling.

17. Grindcore in my definition happens to be music where a specific drumming excercise known as "blast beats" is used in the music. It's really used because often in the music of death metal (which i have become a fan of) the guitarists and vocalists are so hyped on playing fast that the drummer realizes "hey, my feet go any faster and their gonna tear themselves off cuz of whiplash", so what the drummer does is he (or she) a simple technique of synchronizing all hits on the drums that he does: ie he hits the snare, the hi-hat (two symbol things on top of eachother that open and close i believe) and bass drum. sometimes there is variation because like bassists, drummers use styles.

TODAY grindcore is defined as screaming like a little girl and having the drummer hit the drums as fast as possible and the guitar and bass leave a crap pile of static (ie Dillinger Escape Plan, possibly Mr Bungle does it also. this is what i make of it).
    oh, and Matt Till, CARCASS is not considered grindcore, they are more considered by the extreme death metal fanatics as "GORE-GRIND", "GRIND-GORE", OR "GORE-METAL." Speaking of which, I checked out another Gore metal band called Exhumed. If you like fast music you should check out their two disc set "Platters of Splatter." a little hard to EQ on the car cd player, but once you get it, it's some good riffing.

18. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    omg i'm so glad you clarified that carcass is gore-grind and not grindcore.

i almost couldnt sleep last night i was so worried.

19. Get over your own musical drama; it doesn't pay to be ignorant to different types of musics. Oh, and if your interested in what real music is, check out www.dyingfetus.com. Also you can search on WinMX to find files by them if you find some sort of liking towards them.

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Wow.

... exactly what I was thinking...

...also... your sig is fantastic.

Agreeing with Gia... Finding her funny...

.... I feel... :meh: :eyebrow: :scowl: