Gripe about HM Inland Revenue.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JohnDL, Aug 5, 2019.

1. JohnDL

JohnDL

Apr 27, 2019
    West Wales, UK
    Greetings my American friends and Low-enders everywhere. I dream of owning. Fender Custom Shop Jazz bass. The particular version I have the most terrible heart ache for is a 64 stacked knob aged Jazz in this awesome nitro purple sparkle with this amazing crazed effect on the paint with matching headstock. Lord how I love this bass. Well it's cost is about £3000 with about £550 postage. So add that together and then add 30% and that's about another £1200. This is so annoying. They don't do this with EU goods and they never seem to do it with Chinese goods. America is our closest and best Ally. Culturally Brits and Americans are closer than anyone and I find it really unfair to hit our best friends America with this tarrif. Is there any way around this. Supposing one came to America, bought the bass and then took it home as your own property. Could that work. I'll probably never be able to afford this gorgeous bass anyway so this is all purely rhetorical.:mad:

2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    If I wanted it that bad I'd seriously consider taking a cheap flight over...when you pick it up take a few staged photos that 'prove' you've had it for ages...maybe a faked proof of purchase...that kind of thing...then pray that the customs folk on your return are too tired or busy to bother you.

JohnDL likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021