Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Grizzly bass bridges

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by tjclem, Mar 1, 2006.

1. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Anybody try them? The ones that look like hipshots? The look good in the catalog and you can't beat the price.......t

2. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
  3. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Looks like a korean/pacific rim knock-off like you see at Guitar Jones and some of the discount parts places. I had to use one once when AllParts was out of ABM. It was okay; in general I think that the finish is not as good. With these I am sure you don't get your choice of brass or aluminum.

4. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    I've used them several times. I don't think you can beat it for the price. Like Matt said, the finish isn't great, but acceptable. The finish in the photo looks way better than the actual product. They have no sideways adjustments unlike Hipshots and ABMs, but they're much more compact.

5. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Cool well for 1/4 the price it looks OK did it come with screws?

6. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    If the screws are anything like the other screws I've gotten from Grizzly I would immediately discard them and get something else!

7. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Hey Greg I haven't seen your dad at the store lately hope he is OK What bridges are you using lately?......t