1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Groove A Day by Gary Willis - it's live on the App Store and it's amazing

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by henry2513, Dec 23, 2016.

1. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

May 9, 2011
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Groove A Day has finally been released and its everything I thought it would be. I had high expectations for this App when I heard about it and I can say they've been met and exceeded. You can find it on the Apple App Store.

Essentially it's a play along App but unlike every other app,I've seen or used it has video close ups of the musicians, so close ups of Willis Right and Left hands and overhead views of drummer Gergo Borlai. No more squinting at YouTube to figure out what Willis is doing, now I can geek out in Crystal clear HD.

The coolest part is the grooves build in intensity so it's real world situation.

bass nitro and Spin Doctor like this.
  2. I'm a huge Gary Willis fan. From the Tribal Tech days to his latest. I'm also still working through his book on fingerboard harmony.

It's just for Apple? Don't see it for Android

seang15 likes this.
  3. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Please let us know when it's on android

4. 1Willis

1Willis

Dec 26, 2016
    Sorry, no Android
    Too late for an iPad for Xmas I guess

5. 4StringTheorist

4StringTheorist Supporting Member

I'm an immediate purchase on Android when it happens. :bassist:

6. taylorro

taylorro

May 30, 2013
    Michigan
    Looks like a cool app, just got it for IOS but paying $1 a day is kinda pricey for me.

7. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Gary is incredible. I just got the app(free) I'll check out the first three grooves (free), and see if I want to spend more money for more grooves. Looks promising.

Under related apps, the Bob Mintzer big band looks really cool too.

8. Well, if the point is to get paid, it might be worth considering. Why leave out half (or more) of the population?

prister likes this.
  9. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    Yes,it is worth every time and money to spend on.Want to play groove-beast Gergo Borlai with or are you like to learn Willis approach closely?Here you go.Great app.Thank you,mr.Willis.Well done.

10. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Banned

Biting tongue. Many people's data lives are built around one OR the other and loathe more devices, in time "for Xmas" or not. I happen to use both but most probably don't. Suit yourself.