Groove friendly set ups?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Urbs, Apr 8, 2004.

1. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Any cabs and heads out there that provide a nice groove sound, not funk like all the time but can put a great sound. I dont know if this makes sense or not :rolleyes:
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Groove is more in the playing, in my opinion. Look for cabs that handle good lows without breaking up.
  3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    A pair of Aguilar GS112's. :bassist: Although I would agree that "groove" is more technique oriented than proper gear selection. However it doesnt hurt to have good equipment. Furthermore, it is wise to select gear that will work well with the style of music that you play.

PS when you say "groove" are you impying music like MMW, Scofield, Galactic, Grey Boy Allstars?
  4. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Yea, groove is a technique thing. Im talking about just a straight up groove. Though, not a great example but Phish over the years has developed a "groove" into their jams, so its not towards a specific band. I like to think of a groove tone to be very clean, low, boomy but very defined. Make any sense? :confused:
  5. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I can get a great Mike Gordon-like tone from my Lakland Skyline 55-01 into an Ampeg SVP-Pro to a Carvin DCM1500 into an Eden 410XLT.