1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Groove Tools By conklin 5-string.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Feb 5, 2003.

1. I was out looking for a bass in the 400-600 dollar price range and I found a used Groove tools 5 string for $489.99. I think its a great bass. I was wondering if there was a site that could tell me what the Knobs do. I checked out the Conklin home page and that didnt help me at all. And, do any of you out there use a Conklin. Thanks and Cya

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    P/u balance, volume, treble and bass. Left to right as you're looking down on it while it's strapped on, if it's like the 7. I have a GT7. Dig it, for the most part.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i use a few conklins, but not the korean ones, the custom ones made in the u.s.a. :D

4. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    A few???

Mr. Turner is the poster child for unchecked self-indugence!!

But we love him anyway!!

Got a fretted GT-7 and love it!! Have just recently ordered a GT-7 fretless!! Ordered it though Bill and he's going to be nice enough to check it out and set it up before shipping it to me.. What a great guy!!! Gonna use the money if I sell the two basses I have in the "For Sale" forum to put toward a REAL one!!

5. Ahh so thats what the knobs do. Thx guys I didnt even think it had a P/u selector, thats gonna help : ).

6. rackety

rackety

Mar 16, 2002
    Denver, CO
    IAMERICCOCHRANE, I sent you a PM with some more info.