Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Groove Tools By conklin 5-string.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Feb 5, 2003.

1. I was out looking for a bass in the 400-600 dollar price range and I found a used Groove tools 5 string for $489.99. I think its a great bass. I was wondering if there was a site that could tell me what the Knobs do. I checked out the Conklin home page and that didnt help me at all. And, do any of you out there use a Conklin. Thanks and Cya

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    P/u balance, volume, treble and bass. Left to right as you're looking down on it while it's strapped on, if it's like the 7. I have a GT7. Dig it, for the most part.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i use a few conklins, but not the korean ones, the custom ones made in the u.s.a. :D

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    A few???

Mr. Turner is the poster child for unchecked self-indugence!!

But we love him anyway!!

Got a fretted GT-7 and love it!! Have just recently ordered a GT-7 fretless!! Ordered it though Bill and he's going to be nice enough to check it out and set it up before shipping it to me.. What a great guy!!! Gonna use the money if I sell the two basses I have in the "For Sale" forum to put toward a REAL one!!

5. Ahh so thats what the knobs do. Thx guys I didnt even think it had a P/u selector, thats gonna help : ).

6. rackety

rackety

Mar 16, 2002
    Denver, CO
    IAMERICCOCHRANE, I sent you a PM with some more info.